If he “This installation package is not compatible with this type of processor.The error message keeps worrying you, then this post can help you. This error message usually appears when trying to install software or a program. It is because the installation package may be corrupted or not compatible with the processor of your device. This error can also appear if your Windows operating system is outdated. Newer driver versions require newer versions of the Windows operating system. The full error message says:
This installation package is not compatible with this type of processor. Contact the supplier of your product.
Fortunately, you can follow some simple suggestions to fix the error.
Fix This installation package is not compatible with this type of processor
Arrange The installation package is not compatible with the processoron your Windows 11/10 computer, follow these suggestions:
- Check system compatibility
- Upgrade your Windows 11/10 operating system
- Update everything, especially graphics drivers
- Run the Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter
- Enable integrated graphics in BIOS
- Try to install the application in clean boot state
- contact seller
Let us now look at these in detail.
1]Check system compatibility
Before you start with different troubleshooting methods, check if your PC is compatible with the application or program you are trying to install. Also, check if you have downloaded the correct version of the software package. For example, for a 32-bit processor, install the 32-bit version; for a 64-bit processor, install the 64-bit version.
2]Update your Windows 11/10 operating system
Update your Windows 11/10 and install all offered updates on your computer.
3]Update everything, especially the graphics drivers
Outdated or corrupted drivers can also be responsible for your device’s processor not being compatible with the installation package. Update your device drivers and check if the problem is fixed. You can do this while running Windows Update:
- Open Settings and go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update.
- Just below, look for a clickable link: See optional upgrades.
- Under Driver Updates, a list of updates will be available, which you can choose to install if you have a problem manually.
This post will show you how to update your graphics drivers.
4]Run the Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter
Running the Program Installation and Uninstall Troubleshooter can help Windows users to automatically fix problems related to installing or removing programs. This troubleshooter can also help fix and repair damaged registry keys. This is how you can use it:
- Download the Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter from the official Microsoft download page.
- Click on the downloaded file and the troubleshooter will open.
- Click on Next and select installing.
- A list of programs will now appear. Select the program or game with which you are facing the problem.
- Finally, click Next to start troubleshooting.
5]Enable Integrated Graphics in BIOS
Integrated graphics is a GPU built into your device’s processor. This uses system memory shared with the CPU. Enable integrated graphics and see if the error is fixed:
- press the Windows key + I open settings.
- navigate to System > Recovery and click Restart now beside advanced start.
- Once your device restarts, click on Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > UEFI Firmware Settings. This will take you to the BIOS.
- Look for an option called integrated graphics either primary graphics adapter.
- Set your settings to Activatedsave the settings and boot your device.
6]Try to install the app in clean boot state
Third party applications installed on your device may be the reason why your processor does not support the installation package. Perform a clean boot of your PC to restrict all third-party applications.
If the error does not appear in the clean boot state, you may need to manually enable one process after another and see who is to blame. Once you’ve identified it, disable or uninstall the software.
7]Contact the seller
If none of these suggestions can help you, try contacting the app or program developer. They can provide some other suggestions or an update to fix the bug.
Please let us know if anything here helped you.
Read: Windows Installer does not work correctly on Windows
How to fix this program is not compatible with the operating system?
The error message “This program is not compatible with the operating system.” indicates that the software or program you are trying to install is not compatible with your device. To fix this, run the Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter and try to install the application in a clean boot state. If that doesn’t help, upgrade your device’s hardware.
How do I fix the Microsoft installation error?
If you are unable to install any programs or the Windows installer is not working, to fix Microsoft installation error, perform an SFC scan to scan and repair missing or corrupted system files. Also, update Windows to the latest version and disable antivirus software temporarily.