What you need to know:
- As the open beta version of Diablo 4 is released, players using Intel Arc graphics have to install a new driver.
- In addition to Diablo 4, Game On’s latest driver also adds optimizations for Deceive Inc. and improvements for Sons of the Forest.
- Additional fixes are included for the Resident Evil 4 demo and The Riftbreaker on Xbox Game Pass.
If you’re a PC gamer, then you probably know that this weekend is the first open beta of Blizzard’s highly anticipated Diablo 4. You are included in the party too.
The latest Game On driver is now available, with version 220.127.116.1148 adding optimizations for the open beta of Diablo 4 in conjunction with Deceive Inc. However, please remember that Diablo 4 is a beta version, and even with the optimizations there are still a currently known issue. Arc charts users should be aware of:
“Diablo 4 (Beta) may exhibit character corruption during gameplay with the ‘Highlight Character When Hidden’ setting enabled.”
Also, Sons of the Forest players will be pleased to know that Intel has added performance optimizations for the title to all A-series GPUs with this release.
There are also Arc related fixes for the previously known issues listed below:
- The Riftbreaker (DX12) may exhibit black line corruption with the Xbox Game Pass version*.
- Resident Evil 4 Remake Chainsaw Demo (DX12) may experience lower than expected performance during gameplay.
You should be able to download the latest driver via Intel Arc Control if you use it, or by going to the direct download on the Intel website.
The Diablo 4 open beta is now available until March 20 for those who pre-ordered the game. An additional weekend for anyone to try the game will follow from March 24-27.
To see everything that is included in this driver, be sure to check out the full release notes.