How to download iOS 16.4 public beta 3 plus its features
Updated: March 9, 2023 11:07 am
He iOS 16.4 beta 3 release date has arrived! specifically the iOS 16.4 public beta 3 launch, which followed the iOS 16.4 developer beta 3 release the day before.
So far, we’ve had three beta releases ahead of the main iOS 16.4 release date, which we expect to be out sometime in March 2023 (although it may be delayed). Read below for all the details.
READ NOW: iPhone 15 release date
iOS 16.4 beta 3 release date
The iOS 16.4 beta 3 release date for both variants was in the second week of March 2023, one day apart. They arrive just a week after the release of iOS 16.4 beta 2.
iOS 16.4 developer beta 3 release date
He iOS 16.4 developer beta 3 release date came first, in March 7, 2023.
iOS 16.4 public beta 3 release date
He iOS 16.4 public beta 3 release date came first, in March 8, 2023.
iOS 16.4 beta 3 features and iOS 16.4 beta 3 release notes
Updates for iOS 16.4 beta 3 (20E5229e) were relatively limited and broadly cover the following (you can read more about this on the official iOS 16.4 beta 3 release notes page):
- New emojis: 31 new emojis, including donkey, moose, jellyfish, shaking head, blue heart, pink heart, flute, fan, comb, etc.
- hovering with Apple Pencil now supports Tilt & Azimuth
- Improved keyboard features for Korean, Ukrainian, Gujarati, Punjabi, Urdu, Choctaw, and Chickasaw
- New and easier beta installation (more on this below)
- modifications to SwiftUI giving more options to application developers.
- performance improvements and bug fixes
How to download the installation of iOS 16.4 beta 3 and iOS 16.4 beta 3
To install iOS 16.4 public beta 3
- Sign in and sign in to the Apple Beta page with your Apple ID.
- Sign in to Apple’s Beta Software Program.
- Click Register your iOS device (If you signed up for a previous beta, you’ll need to uninstall the profile first.)
- Using your phone’s web browser, go to beta.apple.com/profile.
- Download and install the configuration profile.
- navigate to Settings > General > VPN & device management and touch iOS 16 beta profile.
- navigate to Settings > General > Software update to enable the beta.
To install iOS 16.4 developer beta 3
Starting with iOS 16.4, downloading the Developer Betas is now easier than ever, as you can simply enable it within Settings > Software updateand accept the prompt to download and install the update. However, you must first make sure that you are signed up for the Apple Developer Program (which costs $99 a year), with the same Apple ID that you signed into your phone with, otherwise the update will not be visible on Software update. You can learn more about these changes in this AppleInsider video. Please refer to the detailed installation steps below.
- Navigate to developer.apple.com using your phone’s browser and sign in with your Apple ID.
- Click on downloads in the menu on the left, scroll to iOS 16 beta and click install profile.
- navigate to settings and click downloaded profile (which should appear at the top). If not, navigate to Settings > General > VPN & device management and touch iOS 16 beta profile.
- Click Install in the top right corner and complete the steps, then restart your iPhone.
- navigate to Settings > General > Software updateand tap Download and Install within the iOS 16 beta.
- Your phone will now download the update, then ask you to install it after this.
Frequently asked questions about iOS 16.4 beta 3
Is iOS 16.4 beta 3 available?
Yes it is! Both iOS 16.4 Developer Beta 3 and iOS 16.4 Public Beta 3 have been released and are available for download.
When iOS 16.4 beta 3
iOS 16.4 Developer Beta 3 was released on March 7, 2023.
iOS 16.4 public beta 3 was released on March 8, 2023.
iOS 16.4 beta 3: final word
hope this iOS 16.4 beta 3 guide has told you everything you need to know about the subject. Be sure to check out our myriad of other Apple and phone guides while you’re here, to keep up with the latest news.
WePC is compatible with readers. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more