Microsoft PowerPoint has a feature that allows users to add numbers to their slides. This feature is useful when your presentation contains many slides. If your slides have numbers, you can easily jump to a particular slide while presenting your presentation without leaving Slide Show mode. In this article, we will show you how to add slide numbers and date and time to powerpoint.
How to Add Slide Numbers to PowerPoint
To add slide numbers to PowerPoint, follow the instructions below:
- Open Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Create a new presentation or open your existing presentation.
- Gonna “Insert > Slide Number” either “Insert > Header and Footer.” The Slide Number option is available in the Text cluster.
- He Header and footer the dialog box will open. Under the Slide tab, select the slide number box.
- Click apply to all.
After performing the steps above, all the slides in your presentation will start displaying the slide number.
If you want to show slide numbers only for some specific slides, go to those slides and insert the slide number by following the steps mentioned above. But this time, you have to click on the Apply button instead of apply to all.
If you don’t want to display the slide number on the title slide or the first slide of your presentation, select the Don’t show on title slide check box and click apply to all.
Slide numbers will be displayed at the bottom right of all slides. This is also shown in the Advance panel in the Header & Footer window. If you see the screenshot above, the bottom right hand side in the preview pane is highlighted in black color. This is because we have selected the Slide Numbers check box. If you select the Date and time check box, the lower left side will be highlighted in black.
Start PPT slide number with a specific number
If you want to start numbering your slides with a specific number, you need to follow the steps below.
- First, enable slide numbers by following the steps mentioned above.
- Select the Design eyelash.
- Under the personalize group click slide size and then select the custom slide size option.
- Enter the starting number in the Number slides of field.
- Click OK.
How to Add Date and Time to PowerPoint
Follow the steps given below to add date and time to PowerPoint slides:
- Open the PowerPoint presentation.
- Gonna “Insert > Date and Time” either “Insert > Header and Footer.”
- Select the Date and Time box.
- Click apply to all if you want to display the date and time on all slides. Otherwise, click Apply.
While selecting the date and time, you will see the following two options:
- update automatically
If you want the date and time to be updated with your system date and time, select the update automatically option, otherwise select the Fixed option. After selecting the Fixed option, you can enter the date and time in your required format.
The Automatically update option shows only the date by default. So you have to change your format if you want to display both date and time. To do so, click on the dropdown menu and select the required format.
Related: How to change the color of a part of an image in PowerPoint.
Change the format and style of PPT slide numbers and date and time
If you want to change the format and style of the slide numbers and date and time, select it and right-click on it to open the format options. You have to do this on every slide. This can become a headache if you have a lot of slides. In this case, you can take advantage of Master Slide. Follow the steps provided below:
- Gonna View.
- Click slide master. You will see Slide Master under the master views cluster.
- When the slide master opens, select the master slide. This slide is present at the top of all slides.
- He (#) at the bottom right of the master slide represents the slide numbers. Select it.
- After selecting the (#), right click on it to open the formatting options. Now, you can change its properties like font size, font style, color, etc. You can also make it bold, italic, or underlined.
If you want to change the format and style of the date and time, select it on the master slide and then right-click on it to open the format options. You can also change the positions of the slide numbers and the date and time to their respective placeholders on the master slide.
When you’re done, click close master view to close the slide master. After this, you will see that the changes are applied to all the slides in your presentation.
Related: How to animate text color in PowerPoint.
Why doesn’t PowerPoint add the slide numbers?
PowerPoint doesn’t show slide numbers by default. You have to enable it. If, despite inserting slide numbers, PowerPoint doesn’t display them, delete all slide number placeholders in the master slide view, and then add them back in the master view.
How do I customize slide numbers in PowerPoint?
You can customize slide numbers in PowerPoint in different ways. You can change their font style, font size, make them bold, italic, etc. You can also change the position of the slide numbers by changing the position of the slide number placeholder.
read next: Best Free Slide Presentation Maker Software for Windows PC.