The Barbarian in Diablo 4 uses a wide range of weapons. Aside from skills/abilities that can be unleashed, there are also talents that grant powerful boons. Here is our general Diablo 4 Barbarian talent guide to help you with the perks he can unlock and select.
Diablo 4 barbarian talents
Diablo 4 Barbarian’s talents, like other classes, use a tier system. You can unlock certain options by spending some talent points, and some can also be further upgraded. We have listed them below, noting the possible upgrades and connected nodes. Similarly, you’ll want to see the effect of each passive. Some provide general buffs to weapon types, while others create synergies with specific mechanics (i.e. bleed, berserk, fortify, and more).
Base/Pool Tier Talent Options
- Pressure Point – Lucky Stroke; Basic abilities have a chance to make enemies vulnerable.
- Endless Fury: Basic skills grant more fury when using two-handed weapons.
Defensive Tier/Group Talent Options
- Awesome Presence: Gain additional maximum health.
- Martial Vigor: Increased damage reduction against Elites.
- Outburst: Gain Thorns for each bonus max life you have.
- Tough as Nails – Increases the value of Thorns; enemies take additional spike damage as bleed.
Fight Level/Group Talent Options
- Quickness – Increases your movement speed.
- Quick Boosts: Reduces the duration of effects that impair movement.
- Booming Voice: Increases the duration of shouts.
- Raid Leader: Gradually heals allies’ HP when you use Shouts.
- Guttural Shout: Shouts reduce damage dealt by enemies.
- Aggressive Resistance – Berserking provides damage reduction.
- Battle Fervor: Gain berserk when a Brawling ability damages an enemy.
- Prolific Fury – Increased fury generation while berserk.
Weapon Mastery Level/Group Talent Options
- Pit Fighter: Increases damage dealt against nearby enemies and reduces damage taken at a distance.
- No Mercy: Increases your critical chance against immobilized, slowed, and stunned enemies.
- Murderous Strike: Deals more damage against wounded targets (i.e. below 35% HP).
- Expose Vulnerability: Dealing direct damage with a Weapon Mastery ability allows you to apply the next vulnerable basic ability to targets.
- Thick Skin: Taking direct damage causes you to gain a percentage of your base health as Fortification (i.e. damage reduction when Fortification is above your current HP).
- Defensive Stance: Increases damage reduction when fortified.
- Counter Attack: Increases the damage you deal when your Fortification exceeds 50% of your maximum HP.
Ultimate Tier/Party Talent Options
- Duelist: Increases your attack speed when using one-handed weapons.
- Tempered Fury: Increases your maximum fury.
- Furious Boost: Gain Fury each time you switch weapons.
- Invigorating Fury: Heals a percentage of your maximum HP for every 100 Fury you spend.
- Heavy Handed – Increased critical damage when using two-handed weapons.
- Brute Force: Overwhelming powers deal more damage when using two-handed weapons.
- Strike: Increased damage against stunned or vulnerable enemies when using blunt weapons.
- Concussion: lucky hit; One-handed and two-handed blunt weapons have a chance to stun enemies.
Diablo 4 Barbarian talents also have Key Passives, which are unlocked once you spend 33 skill points. However, you can only choose one.
- No Restrictions – +5 seconds to berserking max duration and +25% bonus damage.
- Walking Arsenal: Two-handed Blunting, Two-handed Slashing, and Dual-wielding weapons deal +10% increased damage for 10 seconds. When all of these various weapon buffs are active, damage is increased by +15%.
- Unbridled Rage: +135% more damage dealt for Basic Abilities, but cost 100% more Fury.
- Bursting Wounds: Increases the amount of bleeding by 100% of your critical damage; dominating a bleeding enemy also causes an explosion that further applies the bleed effect in an area.
Diablo 4 is currently in its beta stage. As such, some of the information here may change as we get closer to the game’s official release on June 6. We will update this guide accordingly. For now, you can visit our class center.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may earn a share of the revenue if you purchase something featured on our site.