In this post, we will show you how to fix Error CAA50024, we couldn’t register your device and add your account to Windows in Microsoft Teams. The BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) trend has encouraged users to use their personal devices for office work. However, using a business account on personal laptops can lead to problems at times.
One of those problems is CAA50024 error in Microsoft Teams. Some users have been unable to sign in to the Teams app with their work account on a personal device. Every time they try to sign in to the app, they get the following error message:
Something went wrong.
We were unable to register your device and add your account to Windows. Your access to organizational resources may be limited.
We couldn’t log in. If this error persists, contact your system administrator and provide error code CAA50024.
Additional problem information
Error Code: CAA50024
If you are experiencing the same error and want to know how to get rid of it, then continue reading. In this post, we will discuss why this error occurs and share some solutions that help to resolve the error.
Fix Microsoft Teams CAA50024
Error CAA50024, we couldn’t register your device and add your account to Windows It can occur under various circumstances. In some cases, the error appears when a device tries to auto-enroll in Microsoft Intune, but the user doesn’t have MDM auto-enrollment enabled or doesn’t have a valid license for Intune. The error can also appear if the user accidentally “allowed” their organization/school to manage their personal device through any of the Microsoft 365 apps.
To fix error CAA50024 in Microsoft Teams, We recommend using the following solutions:
- Stop allowing your organization/school to manage your device.
- Ask your IT administrator to assign you a valid Intune license.
- Ask your IT administrator to remove it from the MDM-related security group.
Let’s take a look at these solutions in detail.
1]Stop letting your organization manage your device
When you add a school or work account to your Windows PC for the first time, you may accidentally click on the “Allow my organization to manage my device” message. By accepting this notice, your organization/school has the right to enroll your device in Azure Active Directory. By enrolling your device, your organization/school gains access to a wealth of information about your device through Microsoft Intune.
To avoid the CAA50024 error, you can revoke your organization/school’s ability to manage your device.
- Sign in to Windows with a local or Microsoft account (other than your work account) that has administrator privileges.
- click windows Look for icon and type ‘credential manager’.
- Click on the Credential Manager application that appears.
- Click on the Windows credentials option.
- If you see any Microsoft/Office365 application credentials listed, click the dropdown arrow to expand the record, and then click the Eliminate link.
- Now click on the Begin button icon
- Select Settings.
- Click on accounts in the left pane.
- In the right pane, click Access to work or school in Account Settings.
- Select the school/work account.
- Click on the Disconnect button.
- Click on Yeah in the confirmation message that appears.
- Then click Disconnect in it Disconnect from the organization dialog box This will disconnect Windows from your work or school account.
- You will be prompted to enter the login information for an alternate account. Enter the information for the same account that you logged into Windows with (in step 1).
- Click on the OK button.
- A popup will appear to restart Windows. Click on the Restart now button.
- Launch Teams and sign in with your work account.
- uncheck the ‘Allow my organization to manage my device’ notice.
- Click on the this app only either No, log in only in this app link.
Also, if you don’t want your organization to control the personal data on your computer, you can ask your IT administrator to remove your account from the company’s Azure AD portal.
2]Ask your IT administrator to assign you a valid Intune license
Error CAA50024 occurs when your device tries to automatically enroll in Microsoft Intune but you don’t have a valid Intune license. MDM integration with Azure AD is a premium feature that can only be used by licensed users. Ask your IT administrator to assign you a product license to help prevent the CAA50024 error in Teams.
3]Ask your IT administrator to remove you from the MDM related security group
If you cannot be assigned a license, ask your administrator to remove you from the MDM-related security group. MDM user scope in the Azure AD portal determines which users can automatically enroll for device management with Intune. When your device no longer attempts to enroll in Intune, the CAA50024 error will be resolved automatically.
We sincerely hope the above methods help. resolve error CAA50024 in Teams. Contact your IT administrator for further assistance.
Also read: Troubleshoot Microsoft Teams sign in: We couldn’t sign in.
What is the CAA50024 sign-in error in Microsoft Teams?
Read next: How to fix Microsoft equipment error CAA5009D.