This post presents solutions to fix exit code 8; No driver found that can be installed on the current device mistake. This error code makes the user unable to use integrated Intel graphics on their PC. The system cannot find a compatible driver for the device. Fortunately, you can follow these suggestions to fix this problem.
Fix exit code 8: No driver found that can be installed on the current device
Arrange No driver found that can be installed on the current device error, update your operating system and then follow these tested fixes:
- Uninstall the external PCI Express card
- Check for driver updates
- Troubleshoot Clean Boot Mode
- Restore BIOS to its default values
Now let’s look at these in detail.
1]Uninstall external PCI Express card
If your device has an external PCI express card installed, uninstall it. This is because when a discrete graphics card is added to the system, the graphics offered by the processor are disabled. This is how you can do it:
- Click on Beginlook for Device administrator and open it.
- Expand the Display adapters section.
- Right click on your PCI express card and select uninstall.
2]Check for driver updates
Outdated or corrupted drivers can also be responsible for the exit code 8 to occur. Update your device drivers and check if the issue is fixed. This is how you can do it:
- Open settings and navigate to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update.
- Just below, look for a clickable link: See optional upgrades.
- Under Driver Updates, a list of updates will be available, which you can choose to install if you have a problem manually.
Alternatively, you can also use the Intel Driver and Support Assistant to install the latest Intel drivers.
3]Troubleshoot Clean Boot Mode
Third-party apps installed on your device might be the reason for no driver found on current device error. Perform a clean boot of your PC to restrict all third-party applications. This is how you can perform a clean boot:
- Click on Beginlook for System configurationand open it.
- navigate to General tab and check the selective start option and the Charging system services Option below it.
- Then navigate to the Services tab and check the option Hide all Microsoft services.
- Click on disable all in the lower right corner and press Applyso OK to save the changes.
If the error does not appear in the clean boot state, you may need to manually enable one process after another and see who is to blame. Once you’ve identified it, disable or uninstall the software.
4]Restore BIOS to its default values
If none of these suggestions can help, restore the BIOS to its default values. This is because a corrupted BIOS can cause your system to malfunction. This is how you can reset the BIOS settings to their default values.
Please let us know if anything here helped you.
What is controller error code 8?
Driver error code 8 usually occurs when two graphics card drivers are installed on your device. Removing and uninstalling the external graphics card and its drivers can help fix this problem. Once you have uninstalled the external graphics drivers, update the graphics offered by the processor and check if the issue is fixed.
Why can’t I install the Intel graphics driver?
The most common reasons include updated hardware or software, conflicting drivers, and hardware malfunction. Also, check if you are installing the correct driver version for your specific graphics card.