after a lot, long Wait, gamers can now finally play Diablo 4 thanks to the arrival of Open Beta. The first run of the beta, exclusive to fans who pre-ordered Blizzard’s latest dungeon crawler, is out now and will be available until the afternoon of March 20. A second version of the beta that is scheduled to run from March 24 to 27 will be available to everyone. free players.
However, as countless players get on board to test run Blizzard’s latest dungeon crawler, both fans and Blizzard have reported and documented a variety of bugs and launch issues. We’ve recorded all of this in this article to give you an idea of what to watch out for while playing the game, and we’ve also included all available information on known fixes and workarounds.
Diablo 4 Open Beta: Major Bugs and Launch Issues
These are the main bugs and launch issues that players are experiencing with the Diablo 4 beta. Note that most of these issues affect both the PC and console versions of the game, though some, such as co-op bugs local, are specific to the Xbox and PlayStation versions.
If we learn of additional important issues or workarounds, we will update this article and document additional information here.
- If players trigger Lorath’s intro cutscene while it is light outside, the player’s and Lorath’s shadows will glow until the end of the Prologue.
- Workaround: This issue will not occur if the player skips the scene.
- In-game voice chat may not work properly.
- Blizzard says that performance optimizations are still in progress and that players may encounter some performance issues, particularly on older consoles or PCs with outdated hardware components.
- Workaround: Lowering the Diablo 4 settings on the PC version of the game can help mitigate performance issues.
- The “Play” tab at the top of the character select screen is clickable, but does not currently lead to another menu.
- Users may experience a queue when logging into Diablo IV during the Early Access Beta weekend. Blizzard says that the countdown can end and go beyond the indicated duration. Players are advised NOT to leave the queue, as this will update your position in the queue and send you to the “back of the queue”.
- During the beta, players will be able to select from a wide variety of “Text Language” options in progress beyond English. English will be the only option available for “Spoken Language” during the beta, but Blizzard says other languages will be available at launch.
- Player 2 may have trouble joining games with a pre-existing hero while playing local co-op during the Prologue.
- Players playing Hardcore difficulty in local co-op on console may not be able to return to character select until both players are dead. Blizzard says that this will be fixed when Diablo 4 is officially released.
Diablo 4 Open Beta: Other Errors, Problems and Error Codes
While these errors, issues, and error codes are not as widespread as the ones described above, they still affect many Diablo 4 Open Beta players. As such, we are also documenting them. As players report additional issues and possible fixes, we’ll keep this section updated with the latest information.
Diablo 4 beta character removed
Players may encounter a rather serious bug that causes their character to be deleted after closing or crashing the game. Unfortunately, there is nothing the player can do about it, but luckily this issue seems to be rare.
Diablo 4 “Game servers are unavailable” error
You may be seeing this message due to the stress the Diablo 4 servers are currently under. It indicates that your game client is unable to connect to the servers. Simply trying to get back into the game might fix this issue.. If this error persists, try restarting your game.
Diablo 4 “Your account is currently locked” error
This error message has alarmed many players trying to log into Diablo 4, as it seems like the type of message you’d see if your account were banned. Don’t worry though, because this is simply a server-related error. If you see this error appear, you should wait a few minutes before trying to play again. If you try to queue up in-game immediately after seeing this message, it will still show up.
Diablo 4 Error ‘Cannot find a valid license fix’
This error was displayed to players who tried to play the Diablo 4 Open Beta before their servers were up and running. If you still see it now that the beta is live, try restart the game. If the problem persists, you may need to uninstall and reinstall Diablo 4 beta.
Diablo 4 beta ‘Stuck on pending authentication’
If you see this message while you’re in the Diablo 4 beta queue, don’t go back! It just means that the servers are having a little problem. It doesn’t seem like your queue position is lost when this message appears, so just be patient and this message should go away after a while. Snow storm says is working to resolve an issue with its authentication servers, so hopefully this bug will be resolved soon.
Diablo 4 beta stuck on character creation
An error may occur that prevents you from progressing past the Diablo 4 character creation screen. If this happens, close and restart the game and it should fix the problem.
Diablo 4 beta error code 300202, 300008, or 316719
Players may see one of these error codes after they finish creating their character and attempt to load Diablo 4. As far as we know, this error code simply indicates that the servers are overloaded and you should continue trying to log into the game. . Select the “OK” button and then keep selecting “Start Game” until you can successfully play the game.
Diablo 4 beta error code 316719
This bug launches you at the main menu and seems to occur every time you level up your character. Unfortunately, there is no current fix for this issue, but we hope it won’t happen often once Blizzard is able to ease the strain on the Diablo 4 servers.
Diablo 4 is scheduled to be fully released on June 6, 2023, with the open beta expected to run from March 17-20 for Early Access owners and then again from March 24-27 for all players. It has the potential to be one of the best xbox games for fans of dungeon crawlers and hack-and-slash combat, and we’re eager to get in on it now that the initial run of the beta is live.