Cambridge, USA – Akamai Technologies, Inc.., a cloud company that powers and protects life online, has introduced the Akamai Hunt security service. The service enables customers to leverage Akamai Guardicore Segmentation infrastructure, Akamai’s global attack visibility, and expert security investigators to find and remediate the most elusive threats and risks in their environments.
Akamai also launched Agentless Segmentation, which helps Akamai Guardicore Segmentation customers extend the benefits of zero trust to connected IoT and OT devices that are not capable of running host-based security software.
As organizations embrace digital transformation and the workforce continues to evolve, ransomware and other advanced attacks remain a threat to business continuity and overall brand trust, costing more than [$20 billion (18.68 billion)] only in 2021. To combat these threats, IT administrators must take new approaches to protect their networks, intellectual property, and employees through zero-trust frameworks and micro-segmentation to stop lateral movement within the network.
“Micro-segmentation has been shown to protect against ransomware and other attacks by greatly reducing attack surfaces in complex and dynamic environments,” says Pavel Gurvich, Akamai’s senior vice president and general manager of enterprise security. “These new offerings for Akamai Guardicore Segmentation customers will extend protection to devices that have historically been difficult to protect and provide the additional visibility and analysis needed to defend against the most evasive threats.”
Akamai Hunt combines the infrastructure, telemetry, and control of Akamai Guardicore Segmentation with the data Akamai owns by providing much of the world’s Internet traffic.
Now customers can eliminate threats in their environment, virtually patch vulnerabilities, and improve their IT hygiene. Other benefits include:
- Data set: Rich telemetry from the customer environment correlated with priority global threat data enables Hunt to find evasive threats and risks.
- Big data analytics: Massive data is correlated and queried for suspicious and anomalous activity that other tools miss.
- Expert Investigation: Dedicated security experts investigate detections to ensure teams aren’t bogged down by false positives.
- Alerts and monthly reports: Detailed alerts provide the information required for mitigation, while monthly reports provide an executive overview.
- Guided Mitigation: Hunt experts help remediate threats, patch vulnerabilities, and harden IT infrastructures.
To learn more about Akamai Hunt, join the Akamai webinar on March 23 at 12:00 pm ET or click here.
Akamai Agentless Segmentation
Securing IoT and OT devices has traditionally been a challenge for most organizations. With Akamai Agentless Segmentation, organizations can now reduce their attack surface and apply Zero Trust policies to devices that cannot run host-based security software. Other features include:
- Continuous device discovery: Automatically discover new devices connected to the network and run pre-defined device onboarding workflows.
- Embedded Device Fingerprinting – Identify, assess, and classify all connected devices to ensure proper security policies are in place.
- Visualization of enterprise assets: View IoT and OT devices, traffic, and interactions with endpoints, servers, and cloud assets across the enterprise.
- Agentless Zero Trust Segmentation: Enforce agentless least privilege segmentation policies and quarantine suspicious devices through direct integration with network control points.
- Roaming Device Awareness: Maintain device visibility, context, and control as devices move between different areas of your wired and wireless network infrastructure.
Akamai Agentless Segmentation will be available to Akamai Guardicore Segmentation customers in Q2 2023.
Comment on this article below or via Twitter: @IoTNow_EITHER @jcIoTnow